Tuesday 14 January 2014

Matthew McConaughey Thanks Wife Camila And Family During Emotional Golden Globes Speech


Matthew McConaughey accepted the award for Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture Drama for his role in Dallas Buyers Club at last night's Golden Globes and the star made sure to thank his family and wife Camila in his emotional acceptance speech.
McConaughey thanked his mum for not letting him watch television as a child and pushing him towards his dreams, before he then went on to gush over his other half Camila and his children.
"A time like this," the actor said, adding: "makes me want to say thank you to my mother for a real reason: When we were growing up, we weren't movie kids, we weren't TV kids. If it was daylight you had to be outside playing. 'We'd go, 'Why mom, why can't I just watch 30 minutes of TV?' She goes, 'Don't watch somebody on TV do it for you, get out there and do it for yourself.'"
"Now, this many years later, that's a pretty good recipe for an actor, to go be the subject of whatever you're doing, so thank you, mom, for that," he continued."[I want to thank] my wife, Camila, who's not only put up with me all this time, but, I mean, kicked my ass out the door, saying, 'Go get it, go get it, go get it, McConaughey, my man, my king,'" he said, as the camera panned to his other half, who he has three children with.
He added: "Kids: Levi, Vida, Mr. Stone [son Livingston]. Love you all!"This isn't the first time that McConaughey has got soppy about his family on stage, as he also thanked them when he accepted the 2014 Achievement Award at the Palm Springs International Film Festival gala on January 4.
Linking back to playing his role as Ron Woodruff in Dallas Buyers Club, which saw the actor lose a startling 40-plus pounds, he said: "I'd like to thank my own family, who was incredibly encouraging at 5 a.m. out the door in the morning in the dark. And you were incredibly encouraging coming home at 8 p.m. each night," he said at the time.
"I know I wasn't that easy to live with at that time. You never let me know that, I appreciate it."


No comments:

Post a Comment